Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moodboard: Kitchen Dining Area


Moodboard: Kitchen Table by coffee22

Before we started our bright new finish project, I mapped out how I wanted the new kitchen dining space to look. So I created this moodboard to share some of my inspiration and ideas.

Area Rug: Now that the black dining chairs are sittin' pretty with the refinished white table, I realize the rest of the room needs some work. I think a natural fiber sisal rug with a solid black border will really make this area pop. These rugs are all over the place but I found what I hope is a quality rug from Home Decorators Collection and ordered it on a sale day.

Lighting: The existing light fixture above our table actually looked really good so we kept it (it's similar to this pendant from Pottery Barn). But, it too got a facelift. We gave it a spray with black matte spray paint and I think it looks much better than it did with the original greenish tint.

Dinnerware: I've been on the look out for a set of fun black & white plates, something like these would work, but they aren't quite what I'm looking for. (Note: I am open to suggestions!)

Centerpieces: While the items used in the center of the table are subject to change, constant change, for holidays and occasions, I thought I'd try my new Victoriana Globe Vase first. I could also use a few tea lights like these one's that I picked up at the Crate & Barrel outlet this past summer. The possibilities are endless!

Stay tuned, a before & after photo will follow... (the room is still coming together but it won't be long!)

No comments: