Thursday, January 1, 2009

Make a Day of It: Leesburg, Virginia

Yesterday my hubby and I ventured to the Old Town of Leesburg, Virginia to see what there was to see. We left mid-morning and spent the rest of the day walking the main street (King St, to be exact) and visiting its charming shops and boutiques.


One shoppe (that's pretty for shop) that you can't miss is "Savannah's Will." You'll find some really pretty (and pricey) home decor that's truly one of a kind. For instance, this pillow could help pretty up any piece of furniture in a snap!



Four Shabby Chicks is full of fun trinkets that are, well, "not too shabby" as the store's website boasts. I got some great ideas from their display tables for filling apothecary jars of all sizes.

One such idea is with the lettered glass balls that came in two sizes, small and smaller! Since I am obsessed with anything black & white, this idea really struck me as brilliant!

The Cottage is a neat little store that sells vintage goods of all shapes and sizes. This room was staged as a bedroom with a very vintage (insert rusty!) bed frame, but complimented with updated fabrics in sea blues and soft browns. Call it a "yesterday's bedroom, today." I loved some of the old furniture, like the white pie crust table to the right of the bed.

Other neat items I spotted at The Cottage were these handpainted wood frames. They came in different colors and sizes but each had its own individual charm! (think the husband could fashion a frame like this for me to custom paint myself?)


That definitely won't be our last trip to the town of Leesburg! I can't wait to go back again this spring to see what new items these stores find. And my advice is to bring cash, you could probably negotiate on the prices since many of these items are refurbs or very vintage.

No comments: