Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ready for Spring!

Last weekend I decided to change up my dining room's tablescape for something fresh, and more spring. Lately I like to keep the table staged at all times. Even if I'm not dining on it every day, or even every week, at least it's serving a purpose and playing a role in the rest of our home's decor.


My hubby surprised me with pink and white tulips on Valentine's Day, so I transferred them to a tall cylinder vase and placed them in the center.


Then I remembered I have 10 of Crate & Barrel's large Diva candleholders left over from our wedding last June, so I pulled them out of our basement storage and filled them with wine corks I've been saving for the last year.


Over the course of the year I've only managed to stash about 20 corks. So the last time I was in Whole Foods I thought I would ask the staff in their Tasting Room if they had any wine corks they could give me for a dinner party. They kindly handed over a box full of corks for free!

By using what I already had on hand, we probably spent about $15 for this tablescape. My dining room and I feel refreshed.

Have you thought about how you plan to update your home for spring?

1 comment:

Rachel Rose said...

Ah, yes, the corks! It was such a great idea for the dinner party tablescape, and it looks so great as part of your spring table setting, too!