Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Boudoir" Update


We're making additional headway in the Parisian-inspired boudoir! Just last week I welcomed a new tall chest into our master bedroom, which replaces a hand-me-down dresser that dates back to 1870!

Because our master bedroom is on the small side, I wanted to get one great storage piece that's taller vs. wider, filling the empty space above.

While I try not to purchase items at full price, I made an exception in this case. However, the day it was delivered, I received an email from the manufacturer offering 20% off all case goods. As soon as I saw the email, I reviewed the purchase agreement and -- score! -- our purchase was eligible for a price adjustment! I immediately called our sales rep and had the price adjusted.

Lesson learned: While sifting through countless emails from retailers everyday can get annoying, it does pay to sign up to receive emails from the retailers where you frequently shop, or simply have your eye on something special.

No comments: