Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I know it's a day late to wish you a Happy Earth Day, but I have been running around Washington D.C. like a mad-woman for work all week. (And Erin is on assignment in Miami; darn you day jobs, you are really getting in the way of our blogging!) It's never too late for Earth Day though, is it?

This is a close up of the tree in front of my house, ain't it purdy?

I don't remember it being this beautiful last year but maybe I just never took the time to notice. Standing under it is like looking up into a canopy of white.


Last weekend it was in full springtime bloom and looked breathtaking. (Especially for those with allergies.) All jokes aside though, I actually stopped in my tracks on my way out the door and took notice of just how lovely the tree looked, and snapped a picture. I know it won't keep these adorable white blooms for long... just goes to show you the importance of the phrase, "stop and smell the roses." Or... stop and look at the trees... whatever, you get my point. Here today, gone tomorrow. Don't let the opportunity pass you by. Yadda yadda yadda.

I even used a few branches in one of my Easter centerpieces a few weeks ago. Back then the branches had pink and white buds... what a transformation. Thank you Mother Earth.

No comments: