Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fun Fabrics

I'm not sure why... but for the past few weeks I have been obsessing over fabric. I've been scouring online fabric depots just for fun and want to share with you a few of my favs.

Fun Fabrics
Fun Fabrics by coffee22 on Polyvore.com

1. I love the solid stripes and am picturing a set of throw pillows on two white Adirondack chairs in my backyard. The navy and white stripes are so nautical and just beg to be outdoors. OK, so my "white Adirondack" chairs are actually off-white, and they are $10 plastic knock-offs from Home Depot last year... but work with me.

2. Depending on the repeat of this next green leafy print, I imagine place mats or a table runner.

3. If you like geometric prints as much as I do there's no limit to options with this silver sage circular fabric. I would love to exchange the red throw pillows I have on my stone colored sofa for a set in this print.

4. This Sungold/Stolkholm print is available at Calico Corners (one of my favorites!) and actually comes in a few other vibrant colors as well. Erin and I are both loving all things yellow this season I this one made my list!

5. I'm reminded of a Rorschach inkblot test when I stare at this print... but I love the turquoise blue and can picture this in any outdoor space.

6. Just because I love the fretwork and lattice prints.

7. Lattice + black & white = I'm loving it!

8. Itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, yellow polka dot ... pillow! More yellow, and who doesn't love polka dots!?

9. This Waverly print called, "Lovely Lattice" has been in my dreams. I am going to go pick up a swatch so I can see it in person... but I think it will be the perfect backdrop to a project I've been working on for two weeks now. You'll just have to wait and see how I plan to use it, so stay tuned.

I don't like to brag (OK maybe a little) but I did just so happen to win the "Clothing & Construction Award" in High School. And you don't win that baby by stitching up scrunchies! It's been a while, but once I remember how to thread the bobbin (always the hardest part in my opinion) the possibilities are endless. So now all I need is a sewing machine and an afternoon without distractions. I'll let you know if that ever happens.

No comments: