Thursday, April 9, 2009

Before & After: Clock

This clock is kind of a joke in my family. We call it, "the Loudest Clock" because it is just that, loud. When Jared and I were dating he was required to stay in the guest room at my parents house. That's how the clock got it's name. The first time he stayed over I woke up in the morning and opened my bedroom door to find this clock on the floor in the hallway. When Jared got up and explained that it was, "the Loudest Clock" he'd ever heard and it kept him up all night until he decided to relocate it into the hallway.



Well, after we got married my parents decided it would be funny to wrap this clock up and give it to Jared as a Christmas present. (Don't worry, they arent that cruel, he also got some real gifts!) So the "Loudest Clock" found it's way into our home and we, of course, put it in our guest room as well. The room is green and white and the gold didn't exactly match but I figured it's a nice enough looking clock and since we rarely have guests we'd just keep it for now.



The other day I decided to give the "Loudest Clock" a little makeover. Three coats of white spray paint later and I think it's looking quite lovely now:
It's amazing what a can of spray paint can do. I've already used it on several quick-fix projects including my dog food storage bin and a bunch of branches last Christmas.

No comments: