Monday, May 4, 2009

Before & After: China Hutch

Back in February we bought this Ethan Allen hutch from a Craigslist seller for just $225, which we thought was a deal. At first sight I was in love with this piece but knew it needed a massive makeover before it would really feel at home in our kitchen. So I removed all of the old hardware, glass inserts, and took off the doors and drawers and got right to work. Here are some of the before pictures:

And after two weekends of sanding, priming, painting, and installing new hardware... the much anticipated after pictures:


It looks even better in person... so you'll have to just trust me! I am so happy with the results and love the clean white finish against the satin brushed silver hardware. I'll go into more detail later on the actual process and I have one more change I still need to make to really give this a finished look... but for now I'll be enjoying my brand spankin' new hutch and I hope you are too!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow what an amazing difference -- the hutch looks gorgeous! Great work, I can't wait to see the process!

Natalie Meester said...

Fabulous! Much better in the white and I love the stainless steel handles and knobs.

Thanks!

SoBella Creations said...

Wow what a difference some paint makes. It looks 100% better. Great job!