Monday, July 6, 2009

More Progress to Report

Hooray! More progress has been made in this kitchen makeover! While I completely underestimated how long it would take to complete this project, the progress to date has been well worth the pain-staking attention to detail because this kitchen looks like a brand new room!

Here are a few more updated photos...



And just for comparison's sake, let me remind you what this room used to look like:



Obviously I still have some doors and drawers to paint, and hardware to install, but phew, this room feels so much better.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That looks amazing!!! LOVE the crown molding - it really transformed those cabinets.
What paint finish did you use?

Erin said...

Thanks, Laura! I ended up going with a Satin finish because I wanted it to be somewhat flat in appearance but still durable/wipe-able. I'm really happy with the finish.

Laura said...

Thanks for letting me know about the finish. I cant wait to see how it looks when its all done!

ljamroz said...

I just discovered your blog via Young House Love, and I noticed the VT magnet on your fridge. Did you go there? My husband and I both did :D I haven't gotten to read further so excuse me for not knowing yet, but I just got so excited over the prospect that I had to ask immediately :)