Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chicago Trip!

Jared and I are heading to the "Windy City" this week for our friend Emily's wedding (she is actually one of the people who introduced us to each other during college.) Since Jared grew up in the Chicago suburbs he is psyched to be heading to the mid-west for a few days. My first trip to the city was in 2005 when Jared planned a vacation for us and we stayed with Emily while she was interning for the summer. Since then I've been back every year either with a friend or by myself for work or fun! I LOVE CHICAGO! I'd consider living there... if only it weren't so cold in the winter.
Can you be that skyline view from Lake Michigan? I think not.


We've also seen the Cubs play in various cities (Chicago, Washington D.C., Philadelphia) at least once every summer for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, the Cubs are in DC to play the Nat's this weekend... and we're in Chicago. So it looks like our record will be broken this year. What I wouldn't do for a Wrigley Dog at the ballpark!


Emily and Dave (the soon to be husband) will be exchanging vows at the Chicago History Museum on Friday. The CHM was founded in 1856 and is the city’s oldest cultural institution... what better place to say "I do!" We can't wait to see all of the lovely details I know Emily has put into the weekend.

If you don't hear from me for a while... at least you know why! I'll be walking the Mag Mile, looking down from the glass balcony at Sears Tower, or sipping cocktails at the Chicago History Museum on the day of the wedding. Have a fabulous week!

No comments: