Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Put a Lid on It


Have you noticed that apothecary jars are EVERYWHERE right now? Available at all price points and in just about every height and width imaginable, this versatile little -- or very large -- canister refracts light when made of glass, or adds pop to a room when available in a bright color, like red or yellow and orange (above).

An apothecary jar is the perfect accent for any flat surface in your home, from mantel or table, to bookshelf or display case. It's also a great accessory for all seasons because you can fill it with whatever strikes your fancy, including decorative balls (like the ones Erica found during her trip to
Leesburg), fruit, flowers, greenery, shells, glass pebbles, ornaments, wine corks, etc.

Or you can leave it empty, thanks to its graceful form and lid.

I can't wait to accessorize some of my rooms with this near-perfect accessory this season. I could see two topping my mantel in my
new living room. I could also picture one atop the new tall chest that I'm saving up for in my bedroom.

Do you have plans to welcome an apothecary jar into your home this year?

No comments: