Friday, June 26, 2009

Runners & Welcome Mats

Last weekend I made a trip to Ikea to pick up a specific list of items for the house. Two things that snuck their way into the shopping kart even though they weren't on the list are below:

I guess you'd consider this black & white stripe runner more of a floor mat than a rug. My friend Alysa tried (almost successfully) to persuade me to buy the green & white or orange & white version of this mat... but I just couldn't do it! I love black & white. It's actually a problem. I know I need to embrace color, but it's scary! This mat made a home in front of my washer and dryer. The laundry room in my house is unfinished and not pretty, but this striped diddy makes it at least a little bit interesting.


Before I could exit the rug section, Alysa spotted this outdoor mat and recognized it as an "Erica pattern." She was right, I had to have this lattice-y, bristled mat for my back door. Even Kasey loves it. Now she can clean of those little paws on her way in from the yard.

I think each of these were under $15 a piece and you just can't beat that.

No comments: